These delicious and healthy high protein pancakes are perfect for those looking to reach their daily protein needs (we’re thinking athletes and bariatric surgery patients, among some others). This recipe has few ingredients and can be ready to eat in only about 15 minutes of preparations + cooking time.
This recipe makes 4 medium-sized pancakes with about 15 grams of protein per pancake!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of 1% cottage cheese
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- 2 scoops of protein powder (for example, Beneprotein)
- Some vegetable oil or vegetable oil spray
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs. Add the banana and smash it into the egg mixture with a whisk or fork.
- Add cottage cheese to the egg mixture and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Add flour, oats and protein powder. Whisk well until well combined.
- Spread or spray some vegetable oil into a medium-sized pan. Scoop some of your pancake mix into the pan.
- Cook on one side for about 4-5 minutes on low to medium heat or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Garnish with your favorite syrup or fruit, and serve.