This recipe for banana bread is easy and healthy (no saturated fats, added honey instead of sugar, and has the option to be completely whole wheat if you choose to use whole wheat flour)!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
This recipe yields about 9 loaves of 1-inch thickness.
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, animal or plant-based
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla powder, or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of flour, whole wheat or white
- A sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 ºF.
- In a large bowl, mash banana. Then, whisk in your wet ingredients (eggs, canola oil, honey, and milk).
- Gradually add yor dry ingredients (baking soda, vanilla powder, flour, and cinnamon) to the bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Grease a 9inch by 5-inch loaf pan with some leftover canola oil. Pour mixture into the pan and put in the oven for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- After cooking, let cool while still in the pan for about 15-20 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Have a great week!