I personally appreciate it more when I want to find a recipe and the author goes straight to the point. So, I’m happy to share this recipe without further ado!
This recipe makes 3-4 portions and can be ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized white onion, chopped
- Fresh ginger, about one-inch length, minced (or 2 tbsp ground ginger)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp mustard (seed or paste)
- 1 tsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 250 ml can light coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh coriander, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pan on medium heat, heat up olive oil.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan, fry until aromatic.
- Add to pan chopped onion, cook for 5 to 10 minutes until it starts becoming translucid.
- Add all spices to the pan, allowing them to roast with the vegetables for about 3 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add tomato puree, stir in pan until onions are well coated.
- Add chickpeas, cook in the pan for about 4-5 minutes while stirring to coat them well with the spices.
- Add coconut milk and stir well. Bring to a simmer before putting the heat on low. Let your curry simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl, garnish with fresh coriander, with naan bread and basmati rice on the side (optional).